• Big, quiet, loft (design) appartment with mezzanine in listed monument building
• In the city centre of Amsterdam,
• One step away from public transport to Central Station, Amsterdam South-East and South-WTC.
• Nice, big garden with automatic irrigation. Two times major maintenance included during rental stay.
• Near alimentary shops, restaurants, theatres and museums.
Living room, 1 bedroom, 1 spare bedroom / office room, 2 bathrooms, open kitchen, open dining room, film / beamer area, garden.
Beautiful split level loft apartment (2360 sq ft. / 220 m2), located in the very city centre of Amsterdam at ground level with a big garden. It is located in a safe neighborhood, near the Waterlooplein / City centre east / Plantage area. The appartment is in the back of the building and therefore very quiet. It has a big garden of 2045 sq ft. / 190 m2 (very rare in Amsterdam).
The interior was designed by a Dutch artist and has been photographed for many magazines/advertisements. You will find a lot of Dutch and Asian art in the house.
The house is heated by comfortable floor heating. The walls of the house are made of clay, this makes the house very comfortable temperature wise both in winter and summer.
Not suitable for small children because of the open staircase with no protection.
- Living room with cozy fire place. The living room supports four big window doors which can open up to the garden.
- Newly renovated (July '16) open kitchen with microwave, oven and quooker (directly boiling water from a special tap).
- Open dining room (6 people) with electrical piano.
- Master bedroom (with a double 70,8" x 80“ / 1.80 x 2.00m bed, one mattress) and a walk-in closet.
- Spacious bathroom with shower, double sink, toilet and jacuzzi-bath, washing machine and dryer. Hairdryer available.
- Beamer/film area with large beanbags. Apple TV.
- Study with a decent fold out sofa bed for two people (two separate beds with memory foam mattresses).
- Second bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.
Central Station is 1.4 km away, a quick 3 minute subway ride away or a 18 minute walk.
There is a direct subway line that takes you in about 20 minutes to both Amsterdam South-East and Amsterdam Zuid-WTC.
Tramstop: 200 mtrs (tram 9, tram 14)
Subwaystop: 350 mtrs (line 51, 53, 54)
Busstop: 350 mtrs: (line 287, 289, 291, 293, 757, 759, 761, 763)
The building is a listed monument.
It’s a former Jewish orphanage, built late 1800’s, completely renovated in 1997. It has a beautiful Art Deco central hallway.
I’s located in a quiet one way street in the very city centre of Amsterdam.
The apartment is one of nine in the building.
Waterlooplein / Plantage area.
It’s only a 2-5 minute walk to a lot of major attractions such as: the Opera House, City Hall, The Jewish Historical Museum, the (big) Portugese Synagoge, the Rembrand House, the Hermitage Museum, the Waterlooplein market, the Royal Caré Theatre, the Amsterdam Maritime History Museum, The Artis Zoo and the Hortus Botanicus. Dam Square is an even shorter bike ride away.
Big Albert Heijn general supermarket: 240 mtrs (open every day 8.00-22.00hrs)
Organic supermarket (Eko Plaza): 350 mtrs
Pharmacy: 200 mtrs
Postal office: 325 mtrs
Wine and liquor store: 220 mtrs